The Keynote Address sets the tone for your conference. Our presenter, Mark Honberger, will provide a memorable and inspiring keynote. He is skilled at weaving in humor with inspiring anecdotes, bringing your event’s theme to life with a message that energizes attendees for the rest of the conference.
Topics he can tailor to your theme, include: Leadership, Vision Setting, Perspective, Entrepreneurial Recreation, Raising-The-Bar, and more.
Mark Honberger is also available as a Conference Trainer - See Workshop Options
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
RAISING THE BAR
We all want to be better at what we do, right? That’s what “RAISING THE BAR” is all about. It means taking our performance as Recreation Professionals to the next level, by turning those “Big Ideas” into really practical steps that you can start accomplishing tomorrow.
1) Investigate how the phrase “Raising the Bar” comes from the sport of High Jump, with athletes only moving the bar an inch at a time… So surely, we can Do One Thing to “improve” your agency.
2) Track the difference between Knowledge and Wisdom, and how these concepts apply to the Parks and Recreation Profession.
3) Internalize what it means to “Mind The Gap” for those things that are not being done or said, and then take a Nuts-&-Bolts approach to apply this foundational concept in very tangible ways to the Parks and Recreation Profession.
What is it about those recreation programs that sets them apart from others? What is it about those parks or recreation centers that have that ability to always draw the community in? The answer we’re looking for is: “Wow Factor!”; that ability to stand out from the crowd with something unique or unexpected.. But can we have that Wow Factor without sacrificing our original mission? Yes. We. Can! Come learn “How To Wow”
1) Just Wow: Explore the multi-faceted definitions of “Wow Factor”, understanding that we need to find the “Wow” without losing the foundational mission of our agency.
2) How To Wow: Investigate how “Wow” can be “Factored” into your Agency with “Nuts-&-Bolts” tangible ideas you can implement tomorrow
3) Be a Wow Factor-Y (Factory): Learn how to keep churning out “Wow-Ness” with consistency, perseverance, and the proper “Wow-Mindset” (both professionally and personally)
Getting Rec’d is much better than Getting Wrecked, right? As Recreation Professionals, we all understand the benefits of Recreation; BUT all too often we don’t take the steps needed to Get Recreation into our own lives. Really though, it is our communities that need to “Get Rec’d;” as Recreation is Essential to every thriving Community. Come learn how to turn these “Big Ideas” into practical “Action Steps” that you can start accomplishing tomorrow.
1) Investigate what it means to “Get Rec’d” vs to “Get Wrecked”; and apply the wide-ranging benefits of Recreation both to yourself personally and to your agency professionally.
2) Internalize what it means to “Mind The Gap” for those things that are not being done or not being said, and then take a Nuts-&-Bolts approach to apply this foundational concept in very tangible ways to the Parks and Recreation Profession.
3) Dig deeper on how to take “Getting Rec’d” to the Next Level, doing at least ONE THING to “improve” your agency, with tangible take-home ideas designed to make it happen.
Do you ever sit and watch Squirrels? We sure could learn a lot from the squirrel... lessons that readily apply to our everyday work routines. By being "Squirrelly," we can improve our performance, and even fly. This Keynote Experience is chalk full of humor and inspiring lessons. Come be energized to Go Get "Squirrelly"!
1) Jump into a Squirrelly Personality:
Be Enthusiastic & Inquisitive
2) Succeed like a Squirrel:
Through Tenacity & Teamwork
3) Thrive like a Squirrel:
Have Balanced Behavior
(Storing vs Eating)
(Safety vs Taking a flying leap)